1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 10, below;
“Our Site”means this website, www.guychapman.co.uk;
“UK and EU Cookie Law”means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and
- “We/Us/Our” means Guy Chapman, t/a Guy Chapman Art, 76 Kinross Road, Leamington Spa, CV32 7EN.
2. Information About Us
Our Site, www.guychapman.co.uk, is owned and operated by Guy Chapman, t/a Guy Chapman Art, 76 Kinross Road, Leamington Spa, CV32 7EN.
3. Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What Data Do We Collect?
contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
demographic information such as address and post code;
IP address (automatically collected);
web browser type and version (automatically collected);
operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site (automatically collected);
5. How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see section 6, below.
We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
Supplying Our products to you;
Responding to communications from you;
- Analysing your use of Our Site to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
- We will not send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
6. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
7. Do We Share Your Data?
In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
8. Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- Cookies are defined in section 1 above.
- By using Our Site you may receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site for selling goods via PayPal and for website analytics. For more details, please refer to section 5, above, and to sections 10.6 to 10.9 below. Some of these Cookies are integral to the functioning of Our Site.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 10.10, but please be aware that you will be unable to order goods if you do so.
- The third party cookies that Paypal may place on your computer or device are described here.
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- You can read more about Google Analytics and how your data is protected here.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. You can also delete existing cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device. More information is also available on sites such as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
This Policy was last updated on: 06 August 2016